…in which we brood on the contemporary milieu.
I’m training the smartphone as I write this. Multi-tasking turns out to be ironic after all. Just back from Beijing and once again a completely different experience from last time. What’s changed?
- WordPress. I can blog from nearly anywhere.
- Android. Actually, it’s changed but no better, really, for blogging.
- Beijing. Scary fast changes there, but the coal smoke remains the same.
Global business demanding most of my attention, there was little chance of capturing new sound; in that sense, a wasted opportunity. But there was time to finish the RapidWeaver gongBlog import, convert tags and categories, troubleshoot themes, and clean up old newbie mistakes.
[end mobile edit session]
OK, we have now found this draft on a real screen and macro keyboard. Switching to higher gear. Lessons learned:
- Don’t confuse a page with a post. It’s really easy to do on the small screen, then confusing as hell on the big one (where did it go?). OK, we’re so over that….
- Saving drafts is easier than it looks. That’s a new screen that just opened on the mobile when Preview was pressed.
- Mobile typing itself is pretty painful. Voice-to-text, voice-to-text: need this installed as soon as possible. It’s not hard to tidy up a transcript, but very slow to train these fingers to use a touchscreen the right way. (Is there a right way?)
Still, these are the days of miracle and wonder. Posting from the phone. Amazing….