I was thinking there will be lots to do and not many to do it, at least at first. Hope I'm wrong.
OK, installing dotProject or something to get Gantt charts, etc., is probably a bridge too far here.... Failing that, please tell me MediaWiki has things like numbered lists and outlining.... --Jjldickinson 07:26, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Agreed, too heavy, too corporate. But we will do grand things and maybe have heavy tools in the background?
Dave, does logo design naturally fall in your lap? Or do we need to hire someone's daughter?
I probably just do this as needed. Right now I am being pretty sloppy but can do the real deal.
Note that the granularity of this note suggests we are not far from splitting off wiki pages corresponding to individual proposed tasks. A discussion of how to design a logo will or could get lost here, but might belong in either the main logo page, or in the discussion thereof.
I'm going to go on more meta level this time, and fill out the "Summary" field at the bottom of the editing page, giving some idea of what I've just changed.
--Jjldickinson 07:57, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Here's my task list from earlier, erroneously hidden on the Main discussion page!
Well, there is lots to do. A summary of tasks:
- Set submission policy - Set review process and policies - Set security policies
- Select wiki seed topics * This part's done! - Pages + Gear + Proposals + Projects + Submissions + Links (contributed vectors) * This part's still not! - (c) policy links - (cc) policy links + Get the (cc) attribution html working properly
- Links at wikiGong - Return to wikiGong? - Sidebar navigation to...wikiGong pages? + Is this a security hole?
I like your list on the tasks page. -- wikimaster 19:46, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
Archived comments on the ccHost project:
- Actually, this task needs to be reformulated to accommodate evaluation of SoundCloud, as well. Granularity suggests this be viewed as a "project," as opposed to a "task." In fact, the site map establishes a "proposals" category below projects. An initial comparison of ccHost and SoundCloud vs. any requirements or use cases we can articulate may go here. (The only competing pull is this task category's placement under "site stuff.")
- Jacob's investigations have made some evident progress in the form of trial postings @ ccMixter:Sprezza:Rain
- Ah, Dave is too kind!
-- Moved wikimaster 16:24, 11 May 2010 (UTC)