SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
wikiGongMain self-registration is currently restricted due to a wave of vandalism. Feel free to browse or to contact us for a brief chat if you'd like access. As soon as we have adequate protections in place, we'll be open for walk-in business again. Thanks for understanding!
wikimaster 20:40, 10 March 2011 (MST)
new on the wiki!
To Brooklyn at last....
|Brooklyn Bridge assay 1 |
We finally got to Brooklyn with gear and time enough to walk the bridge on April 11
We trial our new travelogue page format for some of February's more significant efforts.
This month offered more opportunities for Projects than usual. Here's a sampling:
|Golden Gate Bridge assay 3 |
Jacob and Dave survey the GGB again February 26
|The Denver Millennium Bridge |
More bridge samples from February 21
| Monumental Denver |
A tour of the city's bronze on February 20
|An Android field test |
Listening to Jun Kaneko's Dango sculptures in San Jose February 12
|Interviewing angels |
A visit to Milan, Italy, and the Cimitero Monumentale on February 10
We continued our investigations in the Tools department.
|Jacob's big bass rig |
Our SoCal contingent went off in search of big game, armed appropriately
|Sony Xperia X10 |
We posted notes on our latest investigations into Android mobile phones
|SoNoGram on Vimeo |
Our final SoundWalk 2010 performance of SoNoGram is posted in its entirety
|Golden Gate now on Vimeo |
Our first bridge assay is now viewable in a single video without interruptions
We performed and showcased our web activities at FLOOD's SoundWalk 2010 on October 2.
|SoundWalk 2010 |
Our SoundWalk 2010 project page has the pictures and ephemera like our packing list
wikiGongMain wiki sitemap
- site stuff
- projects What our members are doing.
- proposals What would make a good gong? See definitions at our host page wikiGong.com.
- works in progress Projects currently under way.
- submissions Compositions, sound files, etc. This is what wikiGong was set up to do: collect content.
- tools What we use to do what we do.
- gear All about the hardware.
- software Software and other tools for planning, mapping, capturing, manipulating.
- resources Useful things, increasingly available on the web.
- methods How we do it, or at least how we propose to do it.
- assays Recording the sonic aspects of large man-made structures for contemplation and reuse.
- gongMob! Group actions aimed at playing world megastructures live and en masse.
- catalogs Sonic output for reuse and remixing.
- remixes Remix capabilities we envision.
- postings Providing a forum for sounds, compositions, and other products of the community.
- context Indirect attempts to establish meaning.
- history Those who came before, many still active today.
- commentary What people have said and are saying about sound as art.
- links Contribute vectors to the site and other topics of interest to the community.
- more? Edit the page or suggest using the talk page.